A Message to Our Patrons
Like all others in the food service industry, we’re facing significant challenges with supply chain as well as staffing.
The beginning of the semester will likely be challenging because of this. Below, we’ve outlined proactive steps we’re taking and actions you can take to help.
Thank you for your continued support and cooperation through these challenging times.
Actions we are taking:
- Raising the starting wage to $12 (part time) and $15 (full time) an hour to attract and retain staff (apply today),
- Consolidating our workforce by closing smaller or underutilized locations:
- Campus Cafes at Eigenmann Hall, Godfrey Graduate Center, and Luddy Hall
- Goodbody Eatery
- Sugar & Spice Bakery and the Tudor Room at the Indiana Memorial Union
- Sourcing food from more suppliers to limit supply chain delays,
- Adding pop-up food stands with deli sandwiches, Farmer’s Fridge® salads, chips, and beverages at the Indiana Memorial Union and Wright Eatery, and adding a hot pizza stand at the Indiana Memorial Union,
- Adding more food choices–build to order Clubhouse Deli sandwiches at Forest Eatery and new Mediterranean Bars at both the Forest and McNutt Eateries, and
- Converting to self-checkout at all our campus store locations.
How you can help:
- Wear your mask at all times if you’re not actively eating or drinking. You should always wear a mask when interacting with our staff.
- Be patient with our staff. Our staff members are giving their all to provide you with the best possible service. Many issues are out of their control.
- Be flexible. Sometimes we have to change menu items or hours at the last minute or are temporarily out of something. We know this isn’t ideal. We’re all working to do the best we can amid the pandemic.
- Follow IU Dining on social. Any last-minute changes to services are announced on our social channels.